Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Gotta Work It Out!!!!!!

So the last few months have been very stressful and demanding when it comes to work and family. Right now I am in bed sick as a dog planning my next moves.
My number one goal is to get my body right. I've gained quite a few pounds over the years and I'm getting really tired of looking at them!!!lol
Don't get it twisted though! I'm still fly and I get NO Complaints, but I feel like I'm ready to start a new year and a new life.
I've been working out periodically, but nothing really routine. Which is really not that hard since I only work 3 13 hr days out the week and I can pretty much pick the days I work!!(hahah I love it!!)
So starting next week I will be working out 3 to 4 times a week. I know holidays are around the corner, but I'm aiming to loose 15 to 20 lbs by New Years. I have a good regime to start out with:
5 min warm up/ stretch
2 mins of sit-ups
5 min walk
2 min jog
5 min walk
2 min jog
3-5 min walk
2 min cool down
I will be doin this at least 2 days out the week. Then I will also be attending some classes that I like at my gym, such as:
Aqua Aerobics
Kickboxing
Bellydancing
Salsa Dancing
Step Aerobics
Boot Camp( YES! This is exactly what you think it is!! Offical US Marine and Air Force Drill Sgts teach this class)
I want to attend a class at least once a week. I'm really looking forward to beginning this journey and very anxious to see the outcome by Jan 1st 2009!!
So does anyone else has any plans to get themselves physically fit? Or any workout regimines that seem to work for you? Drop a comment and let me know.
Until next time, Smooches!!!

6 comments:

jtbrown said...

Sounds like a good plan! Maybe I should get on board!

JuJu said...

looks like you have a good plan! i try to do the same thing as well as cutting out sodas and candy and most fast food.. good luck ;)

DaVida Chanel said...

Nice plan ... I love the idea of getting started BEFORE the holidays!!!

Amanda Allison said...

That walk/jog combination is a GREAT idea. I'm going to start doing that!

Are you interested in toning your body, too? If so, I highly suggest getting in some strength training. Nothing major, I'm sure, but lifting a couple hand weights during your walk or any cardio can make a big difference!

I've started to strength train while at the gym and I've been feeling so much better and stronger. Best of luck to you and thanks for following my blog. I'm going to do the same :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, sounds good...I hope you can stay at it. Me and Jermaine been killing it at the gym lately.

Lizzy said...

I go for a 1 hour jog every sunday morning before my family wakes up.

I take my dog out for a walk every night.

Also, I do yoga and Pilate.


Good luck with your workout plan ;]