Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Person I Long To Be



The day light breaks again
Another day has begun.

But still no sleep has come.
My body is weary

My mind overworked.
I lie awake thinking

But what I am unsure.
I need to break free from the cycle I endure.

Everyday is the same and the nights are undistinguished.
I feel as though I am being pushed along with the tide

Unable to break free from the everyday flow.
This is not me I need to change, before time takes over

And I am unable to change.
I need to be freed from the grasp of ordinary

And become that person I have always longed for.
Express myself in every way, and conquer the dreams as I lie awake.

Then I may fall asleep and put my mind to rest.
Make changes in my life and help those in need.

I would like to touch everyone's life in a positive way
And leave my mark on society before I fade away.

In the words of one of my favorites rappers, businessmen and entrepreneurs Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter............ I WILL NOT LOOSE!!!!!!!!

Remember Shine In 2009 Or Get Left Behind!!! Smooches!!!

10 comments:

Miss.Stefanie said...

Such beautiful words!

Anonymous said...

i love it! keep it up, hun!

Amanda Allison said...

Amen :)

I believe you have the control to make your life everything you want it to be. Go 'head and get it!

I love how you referenced HOV, its the greatest rapper of all time! My favorite MC.

Anonymous said...

NICE!!!!!:)

Diti said...

I LOVE IT!

Kofi Bofah said...

I feel as if I have been living in one big day for the past decade.

Miss Daja said...

keep doin you!

Jervis said...

beautiful,nice writing

Brothers Blog said...

great words of inspiration and motivation.

Michael Horvath said...

Being the person I want to be is always a challenge. I have fallen and gotten back up. I move 2 steps forward and one back. It's great to see you have that in yourself.