Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do You Know The Meaning Of Your Name....???

I found this very interesting. I always knew why my mom named me Miranda Marie, but I never really thought about the actual meaning of my name until I was asked about my tattoo. I have a Chinese symbol for the meaning of my 1st name. I never really though to dig further into it until today. Yea, I'm a lil weird like that!!lol So if ya wanna know what your name truly means and not just why your parents named you that, check out this website. www.behindthename.com


MIRANDA
Gender: Feminine

Usage: English

Pronounced: mə-RAN-də [key]

Derived from Latin mirandus meaning "admirable, wonderful". The name was created by Shakespeare for the heroine in his play 'The Tempest' (1611). It did not become a common English given name until the 20th century. This is also the name of one of the moons of Uranus.

MARIE
Gender: Feminine

Usage: French, Czech, German, English

Pronounced: ma-REE (French), mah-REE (German) [key]

French, Czech and German form of Maria (see MARY). A notable bearer of this name was Marie Antoinette, the queen of France who was executed by guillotine during the French Revolution. Another was Marie Curie, a physicist and chemist who studied radioactivity with her husband Pierre.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis you are a mess!!! But that's why i love you!

Kris

Miss.Stefanie said...

Both of our middle name is Marie! Woot!

Stefanie means:
The girl's name Stefanie \s-tefa-nie, st(e)-fanie\ is a variant of Stephanie (Greek), and the meaning of Stefanie is "crown, garland".

The baby name Stefanie sounds like Steffanie, Stefania and Stefani. Other similar baby names are Stepfanie, Stepahnie, Stepania, Steffie, Steffenie and Stefana.

Stefanie is a very popular female first name and a very rare surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below is the baby name popularity trend for the girl's name Stefanie. Compare Stefanie with related baby names.

Jervis said...

i need to find out mine,it shouldnt be that hard to figure out,CHRIST??? OPHER.lol

BFloyd86 said...

I always read books, or go to these sites hoping that Brandon will mean something different...but it's ALWAYS the same.

"Hill covered with broom"

I don't even know what that means!