Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Michael Jackson sued by 'Thriller' director
Fresh from the news that ‘Thriller’ is headed for Broadway, Michael Jackson is now being sued by the director of the legendary music video.
John Landis, whose 1983 video for the song at the time made it the most expensive video in history, says that he has not been paid profits made from the video in the past four years.
According to thewrap.com, Landis filed the suit in Los Angeles last week.
The story says that no lawyer for Jackson has yet responded to the suit, and that a physician entitled Tohme Tohme is currently handling Jackson’s business affairs.
Landis is legally entitled to 50% of the profits from the music video and a ‘making of’ documentary which he also directed.