Sunday, February 8, 2009

Brandy To Sing For OU Sibs

This is the actual interview that was done with Brandy regarding her performance last night at Ohio University. I will have a better update, pictures, and final thoughts on show and just the all around feel of the campus soon. Stay tuned!!!lol




Tomorrow R&B singer Brandy will perform at Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium with Day 26 as part of the annual Sibs Weekend Concert.
Brandy, 29, born Brandy Norwood from McComb, Miss., released her first album at the age of fifteen in 1994. She is most noted for her starring role in the UPN sitcom Moesha and her fourth album, Afrodisiac.

With a Grammy for "The Boy is Mine," more than 25 million albums sold worldwide and more than 100 awards, the Recording Industry Association of America ranked Brandy as one of the best-selling female artists in American Music history.

Brandy released her first album in almost four years, Human, on Dec. 9.

The Post's Anna Hartenbach spoke with Brandy about her new album, being a mom and future projects.

The Post: It's been a few years since your last project, what have you been up to since then?

Brandy: Well, I've just been living my life and raising my daughter and discovering some interesting things about myself. ... I started when I was 15 so all the work that I've put in, all the years that I've put in, I just needed a break to kind of get in touch with myself and that's what I did. A part of me just felt a little unfulfilled and like something was missing, obviously, it was music and it was acting that was missing. I needed to create again and, you know, I got my deal with Epic, and here I am.

Post: Can you tell me about the songs on Human? What song meant the most to you on the album?

Brandy: I would say "Human" meant the most to me because it was directly from me, I wrote it. It was a song that just described my vulnerabilities and who I am as a person. ... And I think it talks to everybody. ... I love the melody, I love the track, and I think it's a very beautiful song. ... And I say that humbly, but I really like it a lot.

Post: What made you title the album Human?

Brandy: Because at the end of the day, that's who I am, and I think with just being in the spotlight or being a celebrity ... people tend to think you're not just like them, but I have feelings, I have emotions and drama just like everybody else. ... I wanted this album to reflect that, and I felt like Human was the best title to describe who I am and who we all are at the end of the day.

Post: Do you have plans to branch out into other industries like fashion or perfume like you see so many other celebrities doing?

Brandy: ... I plan to do my own line for children. I really think that my bigger purpose is to work with the youth so I want to do things for them. I'm working on some stuff right now... and charities that I want to get involved in. But it's all about the youth for me because I'm a mom so children mean everything. ... And they're really the voice of our future and I think that more people should pay attention to what they're doing and what they're up to.

Post: On Saturday, you'll be singing at Ohio University, can you tell me a little about what's in store for the show?

Brandy: Well I'm putting together a great show for you guys and it's going to be upbeat songs, slow songs and just know that everything is going to be coming from the heart. ... I just hope you guys love it.

3 comments:

Miss.Stefanie said...

I love Brandy!

Lyrik Marie said...

I Love brandy aswell but why did ray j start a show .. SMH SMH

BlackFlip said...

Real talk.


http://immortalshine.com