Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Life Is Full Of Curves

This last past months have been such a curvy winding twisting road. With the bumming out of me not moving to Florida after everything was set up and ready to go, except for the job. That has been the biggest disappointment for me to date.

I was so looking forward to leaving and starting off a new chapter in life. Especially after one truly important deciding factor didn't come through like thought it would. You know how sometimes you think you know someone and you realize you don't know them as much as you thought you did? Or you expect them to express themselves a certain way and they don't?

Well that's what happened to me. At first me wanting to move was because of the loss of family members back to back to back. The loss of another loved one and also the loss of someone who I've loved for 6 years. I felt like I wanted to just run away and be around new surroundings new people start a new life.

As time went on I admit I started to have second thoughts, but deep down I knew it was something I needed to do. They say when you don't go and make a change out of your comfort zone then there's no growth. I truly do believe that's true. I have been in a comfort zone for all of my life. And that's what made me really want to go!

It would have been easy for me to still go down and resume life, but with out a job down in Orlando I would have lasted all of a good year before I would have to start worrying about making $$. But that still doesn't include medical needs, school, and any other "emergencies" that may have popped up.

I had been pissed, stressed, sad, disappointed, and more about the situation. But after sitting dow evaluating everything and praying I've realized that everything truly happens for a reason. I've always been a firm believer in that, and this was a time I needed to listen to those words I say so many times to others.

After sitting down and just thinking praying and asking for guidance, I understand that I'm just gonna listen and let God guide me where he sees fit for me to go. I'm not gonna bitch moan and complain. Obviously he sees I'm still needed here in Columbus. For what reason?? I'm not sure, but eventually his plan for me will play out.

I will admit since I've stayed behind I've had the pleasure and honor of meeting some of the most intelligent, talented, humble, funny, business minded, motivational people. I know that they were brought into my life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Where they fall only time will tell, but at the moment I'm loving and cherish each and everyone one!!

Yes, this life of ours is always filled with so many twists, turns and curves. Its how we maneuver through them all that makes us or breaks us! I'm a Lewis and I'm not meant to be BROKEN!! Hence the title of my blog STILL STANDING!!

No comments: